http://www.velvetrevolution.us/Content/VotingReform/pen3.php Congress NEEDS to hear what you have to say! Here is a it simple to fill in the form to quickly send your personal message to both of your Senators and your House Representative.
The form even looks them up based on your address, and send them to all the right ones!
The Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act (H.R. 550) should be taken up by the House and passed into law this year; signing this petition will submit the message beneath the form below plus your own personal comments.
Here is what the main concerns are; (used with permission)
I am deeply concerned about the need for transparent, independently auditable, non-privatized, non-vendor-controlled elections and urge you to support legislation that:
(1) establishes a requirement for a voter verified paper ballot created for every vote cast;
(2) establishes a mandatory uniform national standard that states that the voter verified paper ballot -- the only record verified by the voter rather than the voting machine -- is the vote of record in the case of any inconsistency with electronic records;
(3) provides Federal funding to pay for implementation of voter verified paper balloting;
(4) requires a percentage of mandatory random audits in every state, and in each county, for every Federal election;
(5) prohibits use of undisclosed software, wireless communication devices, and internet connections in voting machines;
(6) is required to be fully implemented by 2006; and
(7) protects the accessibility mandates of the Help America Vote Act.
there is a bill that provides for this, and also a bill to render the paper trail MEANINGLESS, right now being considered- so do we want the one where our votes WILL count ot the other bill? Think hard.